Friday, November 6, 2009

If you were looking for a George Michael cover, you've come to the right place

One of the best moments from one of my favorite concert experiences (that also produced one of my favorite concert t-shirts) was when Rufus Wainwright joined Ben Folds on stage toward the end of Ben's set (Guster headlined the show after Rufus and Ben were through).  I'm not sure if anyone knew of the fun that was about to ensue, but we were all loving it by the time they hit the first chorus.  I remember both guys visibly fighting back laughter and Rufus had to consult a sheet of lyrics a couple of times after almost losing his battle.  Here they are knocking it out of the park in New York:



I've seen Ben Folds 4 times and he's always good for bouncing between his ballads and rockers while sprinkling in some ridiculously fun covers.  This one had one of my friends in tears when we caught a show in State College and I found this one to be pretty impressive when he closed his set amonst strobe lights the last time I saw him (added bonus of a guit-orchestra on the video...I want a guit-orchestra).

No comments:

Post a Comment