Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Call the surgeon, mend the pieces

I'll try to be short and sweet due to work, kidney stones, and a big post coming later in the week.

I've lost track of how many times in the last two days that I've listened to "If You Would Come Back Home" by William Fitzsimmons.  It is just plain gorgeous.  To me, it has a bit of a Iron & Wine meets Rockwell Church kind of sound, which are both good things.  Especially the Iron & Wine-ness.  I must have a soft spot for big bearded musicians (no promises on a ZZ Top post).  It also doesn't hurt that Fitzsimmons shares a hometown with me.  I now feel obligated to listen to as much of his stuff as I can.  Us Pittsburghers have to stick together.  I guess that means he has to read my blog now.  Anyway, this is my favorite version of the song that I've seen/heard while poking around.  I especially like the out in the wilderness setting with the crickets attempting to keep the beat.

William Fitzsimmons - If You Would Come Back Home

No comments:

Post a Comment