Thursday, October 8, 2009

You Are My Sweetest Downfall: A Recap of Last Week

Last week was eventful enough to deserve a recap post to kick things off here at Sebass Says.  So here are the highlights:

Sunday: Went out to the Maryland Rennaissance Festival with a group of friends to see our favorite Scottish War Tunes band, Allbanach, throw axes, savagely eat turkey legs, and have ourselves a few brews.  Also, it was Pirate Weekend.  As you can see, I wore my most appropriate hat to blend in:


Tuesday: Big day.  My wife and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary.  I continue to be amazed that someone would be so happy to spend their life with me.  Needless to say, I love my wife.  She bought me my very own Pleepleeus hoodie (everyone should go ahead and watch Three Sheets) and got us tickets to see The Avett Brothers on the 15th in Baltimore.

Wednesday: Our anniversary celebration continued with a trip into DC for the Regina Spektor show at DAR Constitution Hall.  Regina Spektor is quite good live.  Actually, quite good isn't nearly enough to describe the show.  I found a couple of clips from the show (thanks, YouTube): Dance Anthem of the 80's and a snippet of Samson.  I highly recommend heading out to a Regina Spektor show and having it screw with your energy level for the rest of the week because you didn't get anywhere close to enough sleep on the night of the show.  Well worth the sleep deprivation.

Thursday: Happy hour followed by a kickball victory!  I am the greatest shortstop in the history of the sport!  Actually, we're all just in it for the beer.

Friday: My wife's office held their annual crab feast on Maryland's Eastern Shore.  Our crazy dog joined us for great fall weather (I got to rock my Pleepleeus hoodie), excellent food, and good company.  I'd include a picture if we remembered to bring the camera.  We watched "Away We Go" when we got home and I think it was a near perfect movie to cap off a week filled with celebrating our anniversary, and being around our friends.  The movie (written by my favorite author, Dave Eggers, and his wife) follows a couple around the US (with a short detour to Canada) as they try to figure out where they should settle down and raise their soon-to-be-born daughter.  Another strong recommendation, especially for all of our friends who find themselves at similar points in their lives.

Songs my mp3 player chose for me while I typed this up: Bandages & Scars - Son Volt, Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz, Jersey Clowns - Josh Rouse, Sweet Lil' Gal (live) - Ryan Adams, Half-Life - Duncan Sheik, If I Am a Stranger - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals, Cigarette - Ben Folds Five, Lover's Rock - The Clash

No comments:

Post a Comment