Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Seemingly Effortless

Short post.  Two videos.  I'll get my words per post average back down to earth...

I had some background music playing while working through some typically fun stuff at my office and I let Grizzly Bear's "Vecatimest" album play through.  The more I listen to Grizzly Bear, the more I'm amazed by how polished and effortless their music sounds.  There is so much effort that goes into creating such a tight and clean finished product that I think it gets lost in the end product and in the hands of lesser musicians/vocalists would be a total mess.  I'm going to quote a YouTube comment from the first video because I think it makes the point better than me: "Black Cab is the crucible for good musicians. The lack of space limits you with instruments, and cars are pretty much dead acoustically, which strips the vocalist of even the slightest amount of resonance. It's almost a challenge. 'Come and play your music in this car. We dare you to sound good.'"

Grizzly Bear - All We Ask


Grizzly Bear - Ready, Able


Another YouTube comment because its funny: "it's like me ears just got f*%ked by a rainbow. bravo"

No comments:

Post a Comment