Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Heart Full of Plans But Nowhere to Run

It is a lovely day here in Naptown.  I took the back way into work this morning, driving with the windows down.  That's really the only way to soak in a great morning, right?  Anyway, I got hit with a great trifecta coming through the car speakers that I feel like sharing:

Loney, Dear - "I Am John"

I remember Greg at City Lights telling me about the first time he heard Loney, Dear live and grinning ear to ear thinking about thumping his table along to the beat as "I Am John" built to its crescendo.  Good times in City Lights...man I miss that place.

Mike Doughty - "I Just Want The Girl In The Blue Dress To Keep On Dancing"

I got some great looks from the construction crew flagmen I drove by while I was rocking out to this in the car.  Maybe my morning coffee worked a little too well today.

Rogue Wave - "Like I Needed"

No strange looks from the folks walking by the Naval Academy baseball field while this was on.  Maybe I wasn't singing loud enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment