Friday, September 10, 2010

Down in the Valley, With Whiskey Rivers

...these are the places you will find me hiding
these are the places I will always go

I'll go ahead and say this weekend is the unofficial start to fall, as the NCAA and NFL football seasons kick into gear.  I think the musical landscape changes with the seasons.  I've written about it before, how different music just feels right with certain weather.  The Sound On The Sound's Doe Bay Sessions (like many things in the world of music, I found out about this through another blog) is really great and what I've seen/heard so far seems like a great segue from summer to fall.  Beautiful songs and harmonies in front of a picturesque wooded and watered backdrop with a small group of people letting it all wash over them.

Sound On The Sound's most recent Doe Bay Session features The Head and the Heart, who are joined on their second song, "Down in the Valley," by Drew Grow and the Pastors' Wives (the stars of the previous Doe Bay Session).  I'm having trouble thinking of a way to describe it other than, "It sounds like fall," so I'll just go ahead and get to the music.  You can decide for yourself.  As far as I'm concerned, The Head and the Heart have a top spot on my stuff to buy/concerts to see priority list.



The Doe Bay Sessions - The Head & The Heart from Sound on the Sound on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment