Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Does it have to be a whole month away?

(I know...2 posts in one day.  Just go ahead and give me the overachiever ribbon)

I read about this idea awhile back and was excited, got busy with something, and forgot about it.  Then my favorite radio station WRNR played a song off the upcoming album and I remembered why I was so excited in the first place.  My wife and I were pulling into a parking spot somewhere and sat there in the summer heat because we couldn't tear ourselves out of the car before "From Above" finished.

The album I'm referring to is a collaboration between Ben Folds and Nick Hornby (two people high up on the "If you could sit down and have a few drinks with..." list, especially Hornby) called "Lonely Avenue" that Ben Folds provided the music and melody for Nick Hornby's lyrics.  From the snippets included in the video below, I'm ready to buy it already, but it won't be out for another month.  "Picture Window" sounds like pure awesome carried in a bag made of fantastic (Stop making that face...of course that made sense).

No comments:

Post a Comment