Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Don't Push Me Out

A couple of weekends ago, my wife and I made our last trip to Borders.  I have to say I was sad to see it go.  As I was mourning the loss of the book store on Facebook, a friend threw out the line "click and order is the new brick and mortar."  Call me old school, but I've always preferred the experience of tactile browsing to clicking and scrolling.  I think I'll always choose a good paperback over a matte digital screen.  Just as I'll probably always prefer purchasing something with liner notes to downloading mp3s.  So as a little goodbye to a place where I've spent many hours throughout my life browsing and relaxing, here are the Avett Brothers performing "Laundry Room" to start their set recorded live at Borders.

Avett Brothers - Laundry Room

No comments:

Post a Comment