Thursday, January 13, 2011

Iron & Wine on Daytrotter

On January 25, we'll all be able to get our hands on the latest collection of the wonderful music bouncing around Sam Beam's head.  Until then, we can go over to Daytrotter and let them serve us an appetizer before the inevitably juicy main course.  I haven't listened to or watched the Daytrotter session yet.  I'm downloading it as I type.  I have enough confidence in Mr. Beam that I'll just blindly recommend that anyone who might stumble across this blog should listen to as much Iron & Wine as possible and rush out to the store (if you're into CDs and liner notes like me) or click your way through your digital music venue of choice an the 25th for the new album, "Kiss Each Other Clean."  I've only heard one song off of the album so far, the happier, darn near bouncy, less whispery "Tree By The River."  It'll be interesting to hear if the rest of the album is infused with the energy of "Tree By The River" or if we'll be treated to more of the simmering passion of much of Sam Beam's previous work.  Regardless, I'm excited (as if you couldn't tell).

Go.  Download.  Watch.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited, too...Iron & Wine makes some pretty music. We should get ourselves out to see one of their shows again.

    Love,
    EBW

    p.s. you rock.

    ReplyDelete