Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Wish List: Towards the Sun

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, I'm ready to embrace the Christmas season, even though many stores have been pushing it since late August (and you think I'm exaggerating).  I don't think my parents will ever let me outgrow making a list, so I figure I can kill two birds (turtledoves, even) with one stone and put the non-xbox games portion of my list in Seabass Says for the world to see.  Who knows, maybe the world will want to wrap something up for me and slide it under the tree.

To kick things off, I'm thinking the much anticipated and long awaited follow up to Alexi Murdoch's fantastic debut "Time Without Consequence," the internet-only-hand-stamped-limited-edition "Towards the Sun" would be great to find in a vinyl sized stocking.  I have no idea if any of the 5000 limited edition copies are left, so I might have to wait for the CD in 2011, but one can hope.  One way or another, the album will be mine.  Oh yes, it will be mine.

I think the thing I like the most about Alexi Murdoch's songs is that at first glance, many of them almost seem simplistic, but when you listen a bit more closely you can discover a wealth of emotional and musical depth.  See if you agree:

Alexi Murdoch - Someday Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment